If you’re visiting The Henry Ford today, look up at the Clocktower and you’ll find a reproduction 15-star flag flying high in remembrance of the Battle of Monguagon during the War of 1812. The battle took place today, Aug. 9, in Trenton, Mich. You can learn more about the battle here or by joining us next weekend for our War of 1812 Muster in Greenfield Village.
Our own Creative Program Supervisors, Spencer Disney and Tyler Wydendorf, along with Security staff team member Jeff Daugherty, headed up to the Clocktower this morning as the rain continued falling here in Dearborn. Take a look at the team getting the flag ready to fly.
When else will the flag be flying?
- Aug. 16, 2012: General Hall surrenders Michigan Territory to British General Brock
- 3rd weekend in August: War of 1812 Muster in Greenfield Village
- January 23, 2013: Conclusion of battles of the River Raisin, Frenchtown (Monroe, Mich.)
- Sept. 10, 2013 Battle of Lake Erie
- Oct. 5 2013: Battle of the Thames (Moraviantown, Ontario)
- Sept. 13, 2014: British attack Fort McHenry; national anthem written
- Dec. 24, 2014: Treaty of Ghent signed
- Jan. 8, 2015: Battle of New Orleans
- Feb. 16, 2015: Ratification of Treaty of Ghent; peace declared
Take a look at our too War of 1812 Bicentennial Observance for even more information.