2 ½ pounds boneless beef sirloin steaks or flank steak
2 Tablespoons medium brown sugar
2 ounces pineapple juice
2 ounces olive oil
2 ounces soy sauce
2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon gresh ginger, peeled and chopped
¼ cup spanish onion, medium dice
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Place all of the ingredients - except the beef – in to a food processor and puree.
2. Place the beef in to a gallon size zip-lock bag, and pour in the liquid from the food processor to marinate the beef for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator. (Do not leave over night!)
3. Pre-heat a char-grill until hot, and turn down to medium-high. If using charcoal, be sure to let the briquettes heat through and turn white before placing beef on the grill.
4. Take the beef out of the bag and place on to a plate before grilling.
5. Place beef on to hot grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, flip over to other side and grill 4-5 minutes as well. If needed flip back over to the first side and grill to 145º internal temperature. Use brush to baste with marinade as needed.
6. When beef has reached its 145º temperature, take off the grill and place on a plate to rest for 5 minutes (to sit and relax cell structure for retaining juice).
7. Place beef on a cutting board and slice across the grain and serve.
Photo credit: thebittenword.com via Flickr.com