2 zucchini, cut in half length-wise, and then discard the ends
2 yellow squash cut in half length–wise, then discard the ends
2 peppers, cut in half then in half again, removing seeds and core
2 bulb onions, trimmed end and cut in half
2 tablespoons favorite fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, basil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
To taste, salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Clean all vegetable well by washing with water. Bulb onions may need to be soaked briefly in warm water to release hidden dirt.
- Proceed to cut vegetables: listed is a suggested method you may also cut smaller to fit in a grill screen or even skewer.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high if using gas or if using charcoal be sure to have coal white.
- Mix vinegar, oil and herbs and simply coat vegetables lightly with half of the amount.
- Place vegetables on grill and brown slightly on one side approx. 5-8 minutes depending on grill.
- Turn over and brown other side.
- Place grilled vegetables on a platter and coat with remaining oil mixture and season.
*Remember to not over cook, keep crisp and full of important vitamins and flavor of freshness!
Photo credit: woodleywonderworks via Flickr.com